IBM announces its latest z System, the IBM z13s, with some good news. They have 50 net-new clients, a 35% year-over-year revenue increase and a 36% increase in MIPS shipped. All clear evidence of continuing mainframe market momentum. To continue the trend, IBM is targeting specific markets and attracting developers to write z System apps via innovative tie-ins with firms like Rocket Software. First, the IBM z13s.
- BlackRidge Technology – that extends security out to the network edge to authenticate a user BEFORE a connection is made.
- Forcepoint’s Trusted Thin Client – that secures data at the endpoint, its most vulnerable point.
- RSM Partners – provides a view of the organizations overall mainframe security with penetration testing, security reviews, dashboards, etc.
- Leveraging APIs as the common language in a diversified world.
- Delivering federated analysis via a hybrid cloud.
- Leveraging cloud to become a managed service provider.