By Rich Ptak
First, a little context
- Intuitive visual analysis of even extremely complex and poorly documented mainframe programs and data structures (Topaz for Program Analysis and Topaz for Enterprise Data).
- Real-time quality control and error detection of mainframe coding syntax (Topaz integration with SonarSource).
- Agile cross-platform source code management and release automation (ISPW and integration with XebiaLabs).
Topaz for Total Test = Automated Mainframe Unit Test Creation and Execution
- Use Xpediter to gather test data call parameters and program results,
- Topaz for Total Test creates complete test case (fully automated),
- Topaz for Total Test generates data stubs and program stubs (fully automated),
- Unit test uses data stub created by Topaz for Total Test (fully automated),
- Topaz for Total Test allows easy on/off use of stubs – no re-compilation required (fully automated),
- Topaz for Total Test automatically cleans up after tests,
- Topaz for Total Test adds unit tests into test scenario (fully automated),
- Continuous build process uses CLI to run test suite,
- Topaz for Total Test executes test suite (automatically).
Other items in the announcement
- Provides immediate, intuitive insight into batch processing that even inexperienced operators can readily understand,
- Makes it easy to prioritize batch processing based on business-based policies and goals,
- Ensures proper batch execution by verifying that jobs have all the resources they need and proactively managing resource contention between jobs,
- Dramatically reduces customers’ IBM Monthly Licensing Charges (MLC) by minimizing the rolling four-hour average (R4HA) processing peaks without counter-productive “soft-capping.”